Slender Man Chronicles

He only exists because you think of him
Try not to think of him

Shadow Circles

Published by Jessica Nelson under on 3:07 PM
Last night was a little different from my more recent experiences. It was more like that first night, when the shadowy figure sent me running through the house in hysterics. Except this time was a thousand times worse.
I was laying in bed again. I don't know why I still sleep there, or why I try to sleep at night at all; but I do, and so the story goes that I was laying in bed, huddled up under my blanket with the window closed, even though it was eighty degrees. It's funny the things you'll do for a measure of security. Not that any of them actually help. The light streaming in the window from the security lamp out back was shining in my eyes a little brighter than usual.
Restless and feeling watched, I got up and looked out the window. The back yard was flooded with light ... but for one patch about 100 feet away from the house. It was about three feet in diameter. A seemingly perfect circle. I closed my eyes and shook my head, trying to grasp the strangeness, then looked again. The shadow had moved, now about fifty feet from the house. Where it had been, the bats were having a heyday swooping down at something. I closed my eyes and swallowed, looked again. Twenty feet from the house, and the bats now swooping at the area fifty feet away, as well as the first area.
Fingers of fear were ticking across my brain and digging in. Gone was any need to swallow; my mouth was as dry as it's ever been. Afraid to look away again but afraid, also, not to, I was rooted where I stood, shaking like a leaf. As hard as I tried not to blink, I couldn't do it. The circle was gone, and bats spread the hunt to where it had been once again. I couldn't see it at all now, but the sense of being watched was monumental.
I turned to survey my room, my eyes landing on the doors of the closet to my left. They were closed, but they're the slatted type, and I knew in that way that only experience can explain that it was in there, watching, waiting for something. Another blink. Suddenly, spiders began to pour out of the closet from between the slats in waves, and I ran screaming from the room, down the stairs, outside, to my car, and just drove.
I must have been on the road for an hour before I realized I had nowhere to go and pulled over into a brightly lit and busy truck stop. I came home when dawn arrived and finally snatched a couple hours of sleep on the couch before sitting down to try to write this. I'm not sure how I'll spend the night tonight, but I'm pretty sure it won't be sleeping.

-J

15 comments:

Abel, thats who i am and always will be... said... @ July 10, 2010 at 2:59 PM

You know.. I found this blog a few days back and I was surprised to notice how similar the material here was to an experience I had come across last year in October-November.
I have a full account of it, it's just, do you have any way of.. well removing it from your life completely?

http://abel-thatswhoiam.blogspot.com/2010/01/raking-leaves.html

Unknown said... @ July 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM

how many points do i get for killing it? I have always ben fond the hunt of these creatures, and if you can get me his location i can bring you his head.

Rev. L. said... @ July 14, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I don't know that it has a location. Is "in the empty spaces between thoughts" helpful in any way?

Anonymous said... @ March 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM

how did all of these things start happening to you? Did it happen because you tried to investigate I hear thats what makes him come after you?

Jessica Nelson said... @ March 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I never tried to investigate anything. It just started coming at me one night out of the blue. Of course, I have childhood memories of the bogeyman nature, even as late as my teen years, but what child wasn't ever afraid of the big, bad wolf?

Whether he is the bogeyman and he just takes a shine to certain kids and continues to follow them throughout their lives, or whether they're separate things, one mythological and one not-so-much, well ... that's your guess, and it's as good as mine.
-J

Anonymous said... @ March 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM

So the real question is wether or not you believe? It seems to me like you have a modern day boogeyman haunting your thoughts and disrupting your sleep patterns. U seem like you you know alot about this subject so anymore infomation you can tell me would be extreamly useful. thanks

Jessica Nelson said... @ March 10, 2011 at 10:54 AM

The only thing I believe, is that what one believes becomes irrelevant in certain situations. I have learned to suspend belief, as well as disbelief.

The only thing I know, is my own mind and what I experience.

-J

Anonymous said... @ March 18, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Do you have any previous head injuries, drug uses, or psycological disorders?
In matters of this mind, I've grown to live in fear, but have no fear. Learning to controll it, day by day. Teaching myself to defend myself. Fear, fear for your life. Fight without fear. Fear without fear.

Anonymous said... @ October 11, 2011 at 1:43 PM

"Jessica"

I to have noticed odd things happening ever since i have written these and i think i may be experiencing the same thing. Any ideas to help??

15 said... @ April 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM

how do you get one of these to follow you -_- i think its pretty interesting

snickers said... @ August 21, 2012 at 8:58 AM

@15, no this isn't interesting at all. It's frighting and not worth the want. He waits ans waits until he get's that perfect time to come get you.

Unknown said... @ August 31, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I´m Scared! Help me!

Unknown said... @ October 10, 2015 at 5:31 PM

You don't want this following you

Unknown said... @ October 10, 2015 at 5:36 PM

Glad I rediscovered this blog.... I have experienced many things since my last entry here. All of which led me back here to shed light on the subject and most of all to explain my encounters, sightings, and the facts I have compiled in the 4 years since my last post when this all began

Guille said... @ December 9, 2015 at 1:20 PM

Muy buen artículo. Pasate por mi blog y comenta, te dejo un post sobre el mismo juego en mi blog.

http://tierradesoldados.com/slender-un-juego-de-terror-distinto-para-pc

Post a Comment

 

Uploads by MarbleHornets